Thursday, February 14, 2008

Thing 5 - (again) More Flickr Fun

Image hosted @ bighugelabs.com

It would be very easy to waste a lot of time here. But as I looked through the different mashups, I did see lots of potential for our Library Marketing committee. We have a "brand" already selected, so adding that with some other graphic to a poster or a "magazine cover" might be one way to get our image to the public through the wallpaper on our computer desktops. We know that we quit paying attention to signs, notices, etc., if they aren't changed often. Using the Flickr apps would be a way to use our own brand, yet change the way that it's presented - thus preventing it from getting stale.

1 comment:

Soma On A Stick said...

I'm so glad you're finding uses for the marketing committee. I keep thinking of your group as I go through these activities. I haven't really found away to use them at circ or for reference and instruction (other than jazzy web pages)but I think you could come up with some great marketing ideas.