Thursday, January 31, 2008

Thing 2

I became interested in using the Internet in my elementary school library when I discovered Will Steger's arctic exploration years ago. He offered daily posts that my students and I could read and respond to. We watched his progress and rooted for his successes. The classroom teacher and I were excited to connect with a real-time explorer - the students were experiencing it - not just reading about an explorer in their textbook. There are now so many ways to connect classes with real people - the possibilities seem endless!

And Web 2.0 provides so many ways for people to people connections.. My 87-year old mother now plays Scrabble with me and with my sons online. Although we live far apart, we have daily connections with each other. We love it!

No comments: